NEW FOR 2020:
- Two way zipper! This was a big one. We upgraded to a double zip to better accommodate harnesses for roped glacier travel, and chilly belays.
- New black colorway: Goes with everything. Looks badass. What more could you need?
- Extra layer for Lava: We added additional fabric to the Lava version for a more vibrant, even color.
- More Sizes: Now in XXL.
NEED TO KNOW:
- Function: Maximum insulation for when temps drop to can’t-feel-your-face degrees. Think half a sleeping bag.
- Layering: Designed to be worn over several layers as an outermost layer to protect against the elements. Batten down the hatches!
- Insulation Type: Down (850 fill 90/10 HyperDry down)
- Fit: Relaxed
- Weather resistant ripstop fabric
- DWR treated, ethically sourced down insulation
- I-beam construction on main body to eliminate cold spots and increase warmth
- Engineered down baffles on side panels and underarms for optimal range of motion
- Helmet compatible, one hand adjustable hood
- Brushed tricot lined extra-high front collar
- Brushed tricot lined hand pockets
- Zippered chest pocket
- Polartec® Power Stretch® Pro™ stretch cuffs
- Jacket packs into interior zippered pocket
- Two interior stash pockets
- Drawcord hem
- Articulated elbows
- Relaxed fit
FABRICS: 20D nylon ripstop with DWR finish
INSULATION: 850 fill, 90/10 HyperDry European goose down
DOWN WEIGHT: 181g (size Large)
WEIGHT: 646g (size Large)
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: China
IN MORE DETAIL:
The coldest part of any climb is often the last rest break before sunrise – the one where you nearly chip a tooth on a frozen Snickers bar. That’s when you need the Caldera.The I-beam construction helps minimize cold spots, and stretchy cuffs slide over large gloves easily. The large interior stash pockets fit water bottles, gloves, and most importantly, snacks for days. Single digits in the ski area? This is your jacket.