- Slate Blue
NEED TO KNOW:
- Function: Active insulation vest that keeps your core temp stable, but breathes when you’re on the move.
- Layering: Throw it on over a baselayer or a fleece when you’re on the mountain. Wear over a button down, or t-shirt when you’re in the office.
- Insulation Type: Synthetic (Polartec® Alpha® 80gm)
- Fit: Athletic
- Weather resistant and breathable stretch ripstop fabric
- Stretch smooth faced fleece side panels
- Stretch woven mesh lining for superior breathability
- Seaming strategically engineered to provide stretch where necessary
- Zippered chest pocket
- Zippered hand warmer pockets
- Internal stash pockets
- Athletic fit
FABRICS: 15D nylon/spandex ripstop with DWR finish; Nylon/poly/spandex smooth faced fleece stretch panels
INSULATION: Polartec® Alpha (80gm)
WEIGHT: 10.3oz (size L)
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: China
IN MORE DETAIL:
We liked our Alpha Ascender hoody so much, we decided to hack the sleeves off and turn it into one of those technical vests everybody’s wearing these days. But this is way more than technical “looking.” This vest is the product of 100,000+ vertical feet of testing by the world’s greatest mountain guides. Made with military-spec Polartec Alpha active insulation, and strategically located stretch panels, the Ascender has alpine credibility that the other guys only dream about.